10 Fun Places to Visit in Abuja
We all hear that Abuja isn’t much fun at all but I beg to differ. I believe any place can be fun as long as you have the right people around you and also know how to appreciate quiet times and chilling alone too. This post gives you ten (10) places in Abuja to visit and have fun. I hope you all agree with me. It does not include restaurants or clubs and comes in no particular order.
1. Trukadero; Trukadero is a bowling lounge. Visit there to have a cool time with your friends. I have visited here once on a friends birthday and it was really cool. You could choose to bowl, play pool or just chill and hang around with friends. Location: Plot 131B Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
2. Magicland Amusement Park; If you feel like going on rides and screaming with no interruptions, this is the place for you. It’s an amusement park with really good rides.
3. Sheraton; Why Sheraton? yeah, its just an hotel but there’s more. If you enjoy dancing, you will definitely love to stop by. Sheraton’s fitness centre offers dance classes such as Ballet, Salsa, Hip Hop on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday’s. Jiggle up your routine and attend one of these classes. Explore the hotel too, it has a lot to offer!
4. Children’s Park and Zoo; I know it says “children” but anyone can visit and enjoy it. Loosen up and go on the net climb! and you’ll feel like a 10 year old again! You can also take a tour round the park and see all the animals kept in the zoo or have a picnic like I and my friends did
5. Jabi Boat Club; Apart from the popular mall at the corner, you can stop at the Jabi boat club and take a boat ride ranging from 2,500 per person on the normal small boats to 20,000 naira on the bigger boats. Go and breathe that refined air and get your worries off your mind.
6. Usuma/Usman Dam; This is a really cool spot in Abuja a lot of people don’t really notice cause of its distance from the city centre. There’s a beautiful lake there and you bring your mats and have a picnic with friends. Definitely do not recommend going alone:).7. Kayak Abuja; I and a few friends visited this place a few days ago and I must say we had so much fun. You can kayak as much as you want and do races with your friends. The best part is that it is far from expensive. It only cost 1000 naira during the week days and 2,000 naira during the week ends and holidays. I advice that you wear shorts when going if you don’t want to get your outing clothes wet. Also, go in the evening to avoid getting tanned. Location; Chartered farms, Package B, National Stadium Sports Ground.
7. Gurara falls; Though not situated in Abuja, it is really close. Hire a car or drive yours, if you have one and hang out at gurara falls with your significant other or friends. You’ll not regret the trip.
8. Movies and Shopping (Silverbird/Genesis); This is the most basic form of entertainment every city should at least offer. They are actually a number around the city and they keep increasing. Would however recommend silverbird cinema’s at Jabbi Lake mall, cause you can always go shopping or window-shopping, right after your movie. They also cool cafe’s and restaurants just behind the mall. You could visit Genesis cinema in Ceddi plaza too to enjoy a meal at Nkoyo after and shop.For those of us who keep to a serious budget, make sure to keep track of all the one stop shopping camps that hold from time to time.
9. City Park; This is a really lovely place to visit! it has a basketball court, tennis court, and restaurants. It’s a perfect hanging out spot with friends and wouldn’t give you guys the opportunity to get bored. There’s truly a range of things to pick from.
10. Millenium Park; This park is indeed as old as many of us although its now been privatized. You can come here for a picnic with friends
11. Kayak Abuja; I believe this place is remotely new but amazing. It is located in the national stadium. Get your friends and go kayaking in twilight! Avoid going during the day though due to the sun, but if you can take it, no problem!